Big slate of games today. An amazing day in sports, if big-time college football and a historic playoff baseball match-up wets your whistle. Why are we so blessed?
- Noon ET – #13 Ole Miss at Memphis (5-0) in the Liberty Bowl. Both teams can light it up and have dynamic athletes all over the field. One QB spits fire bars and once threatened to shoot up a club, the other’s name is Paxton Lynch. Best name in football.
Once the 3:30 slate arrives the real fun begins. This just became a two television affair.
On TV #1:
- 3:30ET – #10 Alabama at #9 Texas A&M. Bama’s about to start rolling, get on board now. Bama by 9.
On TV #2:
- 3:30ET – #7 Michigan State at #12 Michigan. Michigan State is GETTING 7.5 points. Are the underdogs favorites or are the favorites underdogs? I’ve got no damn clue but my head is in a pretzel. Ann Arbor might burn to the ground no matter the outcome.
It’s the Harbaugh Effect
against a team with the Quan.
It’s still year one for, Jim; I gotta go with the Quan and Michigan State to cover and win, mainly due to the huge talent gap between the quarterbacks. Check me out.
The evening slate requires all hands on deck. A hundred TVs, a thousand iPads, whatever it takes. The cause is bigger than you.
- 7:00ET – #8 Florida at #6 LSU. Leonard Fournette gon’ make them Gators learn today.
- 7:30ET – USC Trojans at #14 Notre Dame. A dry, Irish Catholic campus might sound contradictory, but that’s what we have in South Bend. No booze allowed. Get ready for the DeShone Kizer coming out party. Irish in a rout.
- 8:00ET – Penn State at #1 Ohio State. Big line here with OSU giving the Nittany Lions 18. Which Buckeye squad shows up? Might be worth taking a shot on PSU.
- 9:00pm – GGG vs David Lemieux at MSG, on HBO PPV.
For those that are inclined to watch some tactical bloodsport, Kazahk superstar Gennady “GGG” Golovkin is taking on Canadian David Lemieux in a title-unification bout at Madison Square Garden. These two are the two best Middleweights on the planet Earth and are sure to produce a doozy. Check out the homie Bud deBurgh’s in-depth preview for more on the match.
But most importantly, on your big screen:
THE CUBS ARE GONNA WIN THE PENNANT
- 8:07ET – Chicago Cubs at New York Mets in the NLCS, Game 1.
One question: Are you ready for some Yabos? Okay, two questions: do you like balls that touch the moon? The Cubs will be aiming for that big globe thing in Flushing Meadows Park tonight.
Matt Harvey might get stretchered off the mound. Cubs by a million.
We need some REALLY BIG RINGS